Sunday, October 11, 2020

Covid-19 in the 21st Century Pop Culture

The pandemic has not only been the main topic of the news, but also many pop culture references as well. The picture above is my favorite meme concerning the pandemic. Wearing face masks is a new social barrier that many are not used to. The awkward moments riding in the same elevator, or passing someone in the grocery store isle can no longer be softened with a quick smile. Over the summer, I worked in a dental office, and had to wear a mask for the entire day. I quickly realized I had to rely on my eyes, and the tone of my voice to greet patients rather than my smile. The picture below is a meme my high school French teacher sent me. It says "The first word that you find is your vacation destination" and every word on the board is "maison" or "house" in English. The French take their vacation periods very seriously, and often go on extravagant vacations. This meme was very appropriate for the pandemic, while they were on strict lockdowns. This is applicable in the US as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment

"Covid Inn" - Living in the Isolation Dorm

  After a month of staying at UK, I finally tested positive for Covid-19. When I tested positive for the coronavirus, I was not able to go h...