Monday, October 12, 2020

City of Chicago's Quarantine Effects at UK

Since May, the city of Chicago has implemented a new policy that states if you visit a "red state", you must self-quarantine for 14 days before returning to your daily activities and work. These red states are the states who've had outbreaks in the summer and fall season, Kentucky being one of them. Because of this, my parents have not been able to come visit me since they dropped me off on August 10th. I have also not been able to go home, both for visiting my friends and family and to isolate when I had Covid. College is already challenging without a global pandemic. On top of this, I am 5 and a half hours away from my family, and haven't seen them once in 2 months. I didn't even have the option to go home when I had Covid due to the travel ban. I would have to quarantine for 14 days, which would extend the amount of time I was in isolation, as well as require my parents to quarantine. I do understand Lightfoot's reasons to have a restrictions on movement for Chicago residents, but I do hope I can give my parents a hug soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Covid Inn" - Living in the Isolation Dorm

  After a month of staying at UK, I finally tested positive for Covid-19. When I tested positive for the coronavirus, I was not able to go h...