Monday, October 12, 2020

Second Week with Covid

Saturday 9/12 - Today has been extremely boring. I haven't had much energy to do anything (which there's nothing to do). I've spent the entire day watching movies, and occasionally, watching tv show instead. I decided to order dinner through DoorDash tonight as as treat, but ended up losing my taste today. My mom also sent me Insomnia, which did brighten my mood slightly. 

Sunday 9/13 - I still can't taste anything, and now my smell is gone too. My cough is getting better, and I am starting to get a little more energy. This week is exam week, so thankfully I will be busy during isolation. 

Monday 9/14 - My cough is improving, as well as my ability to breathe. I still can't taste or smell anything. That feeling is the strangest feeling. If you gave me orange juice without me knowing, I could tell it was orange juice based off the acid when it hits the back of my throat, even though I can't taste it.

Tuesday 9/15 - I am starting to feel like myself again. I now pace back and forth in my room for hours to try and get exercise. I asked the CRM (Covid Residence Managers) if I could walk around outside for a little bit to get some fresh air, and they said no. They even locked my window, so I am stuck with my AC for the rest of the time here. These isolation rules are honestly the worst part about having Covid.

Wednesday 9/16 - I am feeling 100% myself today! I still can't taste or smell anything, but most of my other symptoms have passed. Hopefully, I will get out this weekend, since isolation lasts for 10 days after your first symptom.

Thursday 9/17 - If I don't get out tomorrow, I might lose my mind. Not being able to go outside and walk around is driving me crazy. It dawned on me today that I haven't seen an actual person in a week and a half. 

Friday 9/18 - I WAS RELEASED TODAY! I still can't taste or smell anything, but apparently this can last for a while after you test positive (UPDATE! I ended up not being able to taste or smell for another week and a half). I moved out of the isolation dorm, and am officially back to my own bed, sheets, and dorm room! WOOHOO!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

"Covid Inn" - Living in the Isolation Dorm

  After a month of staying at UK, I finally tested positive for Covid-19. When I tested positive for the coronavirus, I was not able to go h...