Friday, September 11, 2020

Our Covid Food Plan

 My family ate out A LOT more during the pandemic. My neighborhood is full of small, family owned restaurants that really felt the loss during the pandemic. My community stepped up and most of us ate out at least 2-3 times per week to make sure these businesses stay open. My mom even joined a Facebook group called "Western Springs Restaurants" where people would recommend certain restraints, promote specials and deals, and even assign what last names should eat out when to ensure every restaurant was accounted for. The only time that my family was worried during the pandemic about food was during the national meat shortage. We have a butcher shop in our community that always has very fresh meat, but during the shortage, they were selling out quickly. My family isn't necessarily "organic" but we definitely eat as healthy and fresh as we can. Both my parents were worried during the shortage that we wouldn't be able to get non-processed meat, but we ended up having plenty. Staying at the UK Covid dorm, they actually give us quite a bit of food. There's always an entree, 2 sides, and a dessert. I have found myself eating more with Covid than I did while staying in a dorm. The food is delivered to me, and it's cafeteria quality, which is what I would have eaten in the normal dorms. The picture below is my 2nd dinner in quarantine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Covid Inn" - Living in the Isolation Dorm

  After a month of staying at UK, I finally tested positive for Covid-19. When I tested positive for the coronavirus, I was not able to go h...